Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Well, I'm still waiting to pick up my new '07 S3. the dealer said it should be up from Georgia sometime next week, after the holiday. My question is the dealer said his rep at Triumph said the are a few '07s that are in the neon blue(which is what I wanted) and he can get it new from them instead of looking for an leftover blue '06. I of coarse said I would like the new '07, but according to the research I did on the S3 before I decided to look at buying one, said there were no blue '07. Only blk, green, white. Itchin who I meet here, said make sure you get an '07. He mentioned a few differences, but he didn't get specific. When I go to the dealer next week, what can I look for to make sure this is an '07 and not an left over '06? It has not shipped yet so I don't have any VIN info yet and I know that would tell a lot. Anything else obvious? Thx, Jim

·
Registered
973 Posts
THERE ARE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE 06 AND THE 07 ALTHOUGH SOME ARE NOT READILY APPARENT. tHE FUEL INJECTION IS DIFFERENT/BETTER. GO TO THE TRIUMPH HOME SITE AND LOOK AT THE 07'S. THE HEADERS ARE DIFFERENT AND THERE IS A COVER ON THE EXHAUST NEAR THE RIGHT FOOT PEG THAT IS NOT ON THE 06. CANT TELL YOU ABOUT THE VIN, SOMEONE ON HERE MIGHT BE ABLE TO TELL YOU. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True '07 in BLUE. Gave the VIN to insurance for price and It came up right away with ALL the info. '07 SPEED TRIPLE........I guess Triumph's late model run S3's in blues got the '07 mods and a '07 VIN. This thing cooks and I've been nice to it.... :wink:

[ This message was edited by: aptech77 on 2006-11-29 23:45 ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts