Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my phone *finally* supports A2DP and I'd like to get a nicely integrated stereo BT kit in a new helmet. I'm *NOT* looking for some ghetto aftermarket job; I want it to be clean, unobtrusive, and functional. I know of the Nolan N102 setup and am considering it, but would prefer fullface to flip-up. What options are out there, what are people using, and what works well?

·
30,693 Posts
Personally, the last thing I want in my helmet is the bleedin' phone. :D

That's me though. I can see the benefit.

My shoei RF1000 easily accepts ear pieces but it's not specifically designed for the phone addition.

·
Registered
980 Posts
+1..I hate ^&%$ phones in cars...I think I'd especially hate phones on motorcycles.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me clarify - I have no intention of using it as a phone. It's just that my phone is my only portable mp3 player. The intention is to listen to music, hence the reason for stereo, which has no use in phone calls!

I actually think it would be a wickedly bad idea to talk on the phone while riding - I just want some music, as the ipod in my head tends to repeat the same two or three songs all day on longer rides!

·
30,693 Posts
Ooooooh.

Well I have a real slick little helmet earphone system that worked real well in my shoei, cost me 20 bucks off ebay. Has an earphne bit and connector that goes in the helmet, and then a cable and volume control to attach to your jacket and mp3 player. Worked great.

I stopped using it because it was distracting me too much, but each to their own - I just use ear plugs now. I can see a benefit on long straight stretches of highway though. Like if one were to ride to Ohio or something. :D

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I recently got a 2nd gen Shuffle for my bday, and it's been fun riding around with music.
Like Propforward said, tunes can be nice, especially if riding to Ohio or something. ;)

I've used the standard white ipod earbuds, and they freaking HURT!
Not only while riding, but when pulling the helmet off they dig in terribly, so I don't want to use those anymore.

I've got a Shoei RF1000, but honestly I don't know if it is set up to accept speakers.
Probably something I should look into soon.
-K

·
Registered
242 Posts
I also use the Q2 for music. It is mono if you use the bluetooth (as opposed to the wired option which is stereo), but the mono sounds just fine. And I also use ear plugs.

Since I also use a phone as an mp3 player, the phone can ring. I press a button and talk. After the other party hangs up, my music starts again. People do not know I am on a motorcycle, incuding the harley. Here is a sample call (I use a SPOT Messenger, hence the knowing where I am)

SO: "Looks like you are on your way home, want me to order pizza?"
ME: "Yeah!"

I pull up the same time as the pizza guy... :)

·
30,693 Posts
I've got a Shoei RF1000, but honestly I don't know if it is set up to accept speakers.
-K
I'll show you the speakers I got. They fit in the RF1000 real easy, and very comfortably. I don't use them any more, but that was because I was getting distracted. I might pop them back in for one of our Ohio trip legs though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have Nolan N-102 - Bluetooth works very well with phone - but since my phone is not stereo bluetooth - I have to connect music with cord. Speakers and mic plus Bluetooth for Nolan setup is pricy but very comfortable. nice sound (even over ear plugs) and easy to use - As long as you like the Kazoo look.

I would be interested in some information about stereo bluetooth music connection and how well it integrates with phone - NOT That I would ever use both while riding!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
So my phone *finally* supports A2DP and I'd like to get a nicely integrated stereo BT kit in a new helmet. I'm *NOT* looking for some ghetto aftermarket job; I want it to be clean, unobtrusive, and functional. I know of the Nolan N102 setup and am considering it, but would prefer fullface to flip-up. What options are out there, what are people using, and what works well?
lindsayt, greetings from the chuck. i'd like to know what you turn up. doesn't look like most of these fellas know what what "BT" means since they are talking about wires. i'm wearing an rf1000 and use an iphone, which if the rumors are true, should be getting a2dp later this month in the new software update and i have been pondering a similar setup for listening to music (not making/receiving calls).

·
30,693 Posts
Stick with good old fashioned cheapy wires and spend the rest of the $$s on new pipes.

:D

Sorry.

I'm not helping. :eek:

·
Registered
398 Posts
got the pipes, what can i say, i want it all. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts