Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well the thing is I would have let it go but in the last two days alone in the local East Bournemouth press there have been three instances of bad and dangerous driving involving German car drivers, I'm not making this up but if you go through the whole of last year in my local paper all I would say at least 80% of road accidents involve a German car in one way or another, not all but most. I honestly feel there is a problem with the amount of power the cars have or the drivers, it can't just be an issue in my area alone. Take a look at this,

Not a high powered car I know, but German all the same. This was in yesterday's paper.
With great respect: I know you feel quite strongly about this when you started it a month ago. It ran for a few days, and interested parties had their say, then it had ran its course. I don’t think many people will have changed their minds, so I can’t see much point flogging a dead horse.

I might be wrong, perhaps this thread will now flourish and prove me completely wrong.

Very best wishes,

Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Maybe you need to move to the Lake District? ;) Maybe that paper has a bug on German cars? Around here, pickups with big engines and Lexus mommy vans are far bigger risks than German sedans.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Gosh, a friend of mine has been driving Bimmers for years and Beemers as well and has never hurt anyone on the road or himselrf. I guess he's just a glitch in the program.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Maybe you need to move to the Lake District? ;) Maybe that paper has a bug on German cars? Around here, pickups with big engines and Lexus mommy vans are far bigger risks than German sedans.
You don't want to live in the Lake District, taxi drivers shoot you up there!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Maybe that paper has a bug on German cars?
I really have no opinion either way on stepped licencing for cars, but the 42 mile per day round trip to work, along a 70mph carriageway has made me notice a few things. I get cut up at least twice a week by people changing lanes in the middle of a roundabout, more frequently I get someone attempting to squeeze his car up my exhaust when I'm already either on, or breaking the speed limit myself to overtake, and not forgetting the multiple lane crosser, who comes out of the fast lane, straight across to get off on a slip road. No signalling or warning that they are about to do this at all.

There are two things I noticed about all these incidents, firstly, almost every single one has been a German car, either a BMW, Audi or VW. Secondly, at the risk of sounding sexist I'd say that a lot more than half of the 'cutter uppers' are women. So far I've never had a woman trying to push me out the way, that has always been a male. I've sworn to myself that one day, when I get one of these aggressive/intimidating drivers behind me I will carry out the best emergency stop ever seen.

I guess if I were to voice an opinion it would be that these incidents on a daily basis have little to do with teenage drivers. In addition to this, if a teenage driver does manage to get his hands on the car, in the UK the insurance cost would be astronomical. In general the boy racers or 'MaxPower crew' as I tend to call them, tend to stick to 'hot hatches' like their mum's Fiesta. As long as its got a loud exhaust.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
There are two things I noticed about all these incidents, firstly, almost every single one has been a German car, either a BMW, Audi or VW. Secondly, at the risk of sounding sexist I'd say that a lot more than half of the 'cutter uppers' are women.
I'm glad somebody else has noticed this as well, I was beginning to think I was the only one.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Title of it says 'more likely' not 'are always', so someone normal is possible, just not very likely
Just debunking your debunk theory
Plus I use to know a guy that only gets mercedes, self-centered, stubborn, ignorant, never considered any other brand and didn't even test drive any mercedes, ever, that confirm the report

61 - 77 of 77 Posts