Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if these help out very much I know that on most of the jap sportbikes they come with them from the factory. Does anyone even make them for a 2002 daytona 955i. If they do how much should I expect to pay and is it worth it? I don't really race or anything, but I do like to ride twisties and I plan on going to the drag strip just for fun. :???:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Realistically, the geometry on the Daytonas is pretty conservative and it's not known for headshaking at all. I'd say spend the money you would have spent on that ($400-$500) on a proper fork rebuild. You'll be miles ahead in the long run.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I agree with Lee here. My 03 Tona- tilted at darn near full speed (don't ask where :cool: ) was stable as anything out there. Your money would definitely be better spent on a fork upgrade. You will see better turn-in, more stability at speed and overall better handling from doing the front end. A GPR or similar dampner will really only make you look "cool" IMHO.

-Ski

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the helpful advice. What did it top out at? just curious.
I need to find that open area myself.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
rider955i, Unless you find a front tire the bike dosen't like, a steering dampener isn't needed on a D955i.

These bikes are easily capable of 150+ MPH. I've seen 9500 RPM in sixth (17T/42T). The sun caused a glare on the speedo so no 'real' data. With a 40 MPH turn looming quite quickly data aquisition mode was replaced with survival mode. The cool thing was I didn't hear the TOR can, the cockpit behind the aeroscreen was dead still and all that I could hear was the intake honk. The bike was stable at that speed and better yet, under HARD braking for the turn. :-D

Brad

S

·
0 Posts
HI, I did 155 the other day with my 2000 955i and still had a gear left...I expect to see 160-175 in the top gear...Cheers

·
0 Posts
288 km/hr,180 mph,had to slow down for up coming corner before she topped out! :) Felt very secure at that speed,love these bikes :-D

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
No need for a damper on a 955i

1 - 9 of 9 Posts