Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there...Im a fairly new thruxton owner. Ive made some decisions and such based on the info Ive found in this forum and I would like to thank everyone here for participating, it really helps others to put all this info up for everyone to see. Ill be participating as much as possible...Ive got several questions that I will be posting in the future.

My first is regarding steering dampers with fork gaitors. My bike already had a damper on it when I bought it. I got a set of the triumph fork gaitors that i planned to install myself using the tips I found here. The damper is where the gaitor will go. I found this pic on the bella corse site:

do I just use the clamp on the damper for the top clamp on the gaitor, putting the gaitor underneath it or do I just let the gaitor rest against the bottom of the damper clamp?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Don't use the steering damper to hold your gaitor, because movement of the front of the damper could cause a safety problem(read-crash). Also, any time you move the mounting location of a steering damper, make sure there is no binding in any portion of the dampers range of motion.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
You will not be able to install the dampener's fork bracket -over- the gaiter as it will not fit. You can have the gaiter rest against the bottom of the fork bracket with, or without it's own tiewrap or clip clamp exactly as shown in the photo.

If you want to go through the work, you can cut-down the headlight ear on that, side the thickness of the fork bracket, and mount the bracket above the lower yoke so that the gaiter is full-length.

Mike

·
Registered
959 Posts
What these gentleman said. You can do it, just plan it out and think love when you pick up the wrench. :-D

Steve, Gear head at large.

:yayyy: :chug: :yayyy:

PS: All Thing Duel :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts