Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I came upon a norman hyde style steering damper. However the brackets are not included. Does anyone know were i might be able to find them? The dampers that are for sale on BC and other Thruxton sites come with the brackets.

Thanks for the help.

Micah.

·
Premium Member
20,739 Posts
Well the bit that clamps around the fork stanchion being 41 mm is easily found by searching ebay like these. They're not the same as NH uses but that's the sort of clamp that other bikes employ:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=41+mm+steering+damper+brackets&_sacat=0&_odkw=steering+damper+brackets&_osacat=0

I don't know what the other bracket looks like in any detail, but I'm sure someone here can show you a close up picture of one, and, unlike the fork tube clamp, it doesn't look that difficult to fab one.

One option is to ask NH for a set, another to ask TEC bikeparts for one of theirs. They market a damper that uses the same brackets as the NH one:

http://www.tecbikeparts.com/triumph_parts_page3.html

·
Premium Member
20,739 Posts
i already contacted Tec Bike Parts. they wont sell them seperate. i can email NH tonight and hope for a reply.
I can just about understand TEC not having a set of brackets to spare. They have not been selling that product for that long.

NH, on the other hand, have been marketing that damper for years, I'm sure they must have had some returned under warranty and they should be able to come up with a pair of brackets, even if they're used ones.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Do you only have the Damper? Is there a damper Clamp with it??

The mounting brackets for the front (fork) and back (frame) are easy to fab up. As for the clamp itself if you can't find one that looks like the one in the picture you could use one of the ones Forchetto linked on ebay. You would just have to fab up your frame bracket to match the mounting holes/posistion with the clamp.

Either way it is not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotch. I'm sure there's something out there. I have the shock lookin' thing. (Damper) and one nut. I'm sure I can find something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts