Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
I previously checked into this quite a bit. There isn't too many being made for the S3.

LSL makes a nice one, but I really liked the Matris, as it is very well hidden.

Just a little pricey.....$550ish I think it was.

JOHN

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have had the LSL and now the Matris. Side mount dampers have some advantages over
the others , one being better leverage and I liked it but in interfered with my trailer set up for my bike so I got the Matris. Works pretty good. I am now putting together a side mount for my T100 "Gentleman's Express" and am using parts from STORTZ /Ceriani and Axljak. They are all expensive but if they keep you from a speed wobble they are worth every penny and I don't like hustleing my bikes without one. Good luck.

LSL are available from newbonneville.com and the Matris I got from PJ's parts

[ This message was edited by: HiVel on 2006-11-18 23:36 ]

·
Banned
798 Posts
I've seen a post which shows the Matris interferring with the fender(?) under hard braking. Check that out. It was in the last few months.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Cant remember the brand but was'nt their one that attached at the steering head on top of the triple tree and was adjustable with a turn of the knob?

·
Registered
643 Posts
On 2006-11-19 10:01, itchin wrote:
Cant remember the brand but was'nt their one that attached at the steering head on top of the triple tree and was adjustable with a turn of the knob?
Yep, that's the Scott's that Drunktank was talking about. I used to have one of these on my 929 - good unit.

·
Registered
969 Posts
On 2006-11-19 10:14, stmike wrote:
On 2006-11-19 10:01, itchin wrote:
Yep, that's the Scott's that Drunktank was talking about. I used to have one of these on my 929 - good unit.
Do they make one that fits a speed triple?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Anyone know if the radiator mount for that Matris is the same as the 02-04? I might get one of those down the road and need to know if it is even worth it as I'd already have to make a 50mm fork clamp for it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Matris M4r it is expensive but worth it!!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
On 2006-11-18 22:54, Drunktank wrote:
I dont know if they have anythign that would work on triumphs.... but Scotts makes some of the finest dampeners I've ever used!

http://scottsonline.com
Apparently the only triumph they make one for is the2000-2003 TT600. Shame really, nice lookin, very clean unobtrusive install. Thats the unit i would spring for if they made one for speedy. $450.00

·
Super Moderator
21,825 Posts
Here's how my Matris is mounted - much more convenient as you can reach down & adjust it on the fly. I'm not sure how practical that is to have it down behind(?) the bottom yoke in that pic above.
This picture is the only one I have so please excuse the lack of detail of the mounting - the pic's primary use was for a different application (retrofit for the Kawasaki/CGR lavers)

I'm currently having a new clamp made to fit the larger GSXR fork but to be honest the front end is sooo much more stable with the GSXR front clip it doesn't really need it now.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
The top pic is how most of the stock Suzuki dampers are mounted.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
On 2006-11-19 11:12, kuhlka wrote:
Anyone know if the radiator mount for that Matris is the same as the 02-04? I might get one of those down the road and need to know if it is even worth it as I'd already have to make a 50mm fork clamp for it.
STORTZ Performance Inc. makdes 50mm fork tube clamps for steering dampers plus a bunch of other neat stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts