Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than a quick introductory 'Hello',this my first post on here so please excuse me if i ask any stupid questions. I'm not too experienced mechanically so I'm hoping to pick your brains if i can. Ive just got hold of a 97 Steamer and already i think its great fun to ride,its very different from my old Bandit. Ive got a few problems with it though.The main issue being that when the bike is in neutral it will rev up to 11000 but when im riding it feels like ive hit a rev limit at 5000 revs. Is this normal?? Also, after giving the bike a quick look over,the left hand air intake on the air box has been covered up with tape. Why? Hopefully you can help me out. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It is not normal. Probably a coil issue. Look further through the forum for troubleshooting them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike has been to the mechanic and it turns out that two of the three main jets were sitting in the bottom of the float bowls and the air filter looked like the original one. He said that it was amazing that the bike was running as well as it was!:surprise:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts