Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.oncycles.com has ALTH front wave brake rotors regular price $750-$800 a set at various sites on clearance for $252 a set!!! A $468.00 dollar savings off oncycles regular price of $720. I ordered a set but am not sure how many they have. These are top notch rotors made it italy and available in the wave style or round. Here is the link to the wave style: (about half way down the page)

http://www.oncycles.com/browse.asp?page=3&brand=alth

The round ones are on page 4.

I don't really need them yet but couldn't resist the deal because I know I will need them sooner or later and they are too darn nice a deal to turn down.:)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
That is a heck of a deal. I was ready to jump on it, then I checked bikebandit numbers for the models they listed and the S3 and Daytona were the same, but the 05+ Sprint was different. I don't have time today to do more checking.

Have you verified that the disc listed will fit the 05+ Sprint? I also wish they had the gold center, but for that price, I could live with it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a heck of a deal. I was ready to jump on it, then I checked bikebandit numbers for the models they listed and the S3 and Daytona were the same, but the 05+ Sprint was different. I don't have time today to do more checking.

Have you verified that the disc listed will fit the 05+ Sprint? I also wish they had the gold center, but for that price, I could live with it.
I did check on ALTH's site directly and they do have our 05 and 06 Sprint ST's as compatible with these disks so I am trusting that they are correct.

Mine should be arriving today so when they get here I will let you know for sure. I think I got the last set with gold centers (sorry about that):)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Good for you for finding that deal and getting in on time for the gold centers. Time spent in research can be rewarding at times. :D

I was asleep at the switch on this one because I knew that oncycles ran the same deal last year. I should have been checking.

The golds would have matched my calipers, but the black would probably work as well since I painted my rims gloss black last week.

Let me know about the fit when you get them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my rotors arrived right on schedule and they look fantastic! Very beefy looking and very high quality. On visual inspection they look like the right ones for our newer Sprints but I will install they tonight to be sure. Here are a couple of photos I took with my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I did the install last night and they definitely fit our newer Sprints. I did have to run a file over the center tabs to fit over the hub, but that was probably due to the powder coating I have had done to my wheels. It was a very minimal amount basically just taking off the gold anodizing. Other than that they look great. I think they may be 1mm thicker than the stock ones. I believe they are 5 mm thick instead of 4 mm stock (as indicated in my service manual). Seems to not have any adverse effects however as they mounted and work fine. This may account for the different bike bandit numbers for our Sprints rotors as opposed to the earlier 955 Daytona ones that these are also designed for. They are definitely a little lighter as well even given the thicker rotor. Not a ton different but you can feel it by holding the two side by side.

Here is a picture of the rotors installed:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
That sux! :p I can swap them out for some black centers for you.

Just kidding. I'm still jealous. :D
I called them yesterday and the rep checked with the w'house and verified that the last set had indeed been sold. As far as I have seen, you got the best deal they have ever done.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good thing I got a good deal because our Canadian dollar is taking a pounding. Go figure, best banking system in the world but our dollar is dropping like a lead balloon. Must be too much American investment in our economy:)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Good thing I got a good deal because our Canadian dollar is taking a pounding. Go figure, best banking system in the world but our dollar is dropping like a lead balloon. Must be too much American investment in our economy:)
Well, since "our" economy is strongly based on selling resources and goods to America, the rest should be easy to figure out. America "invests" in Canada with every truck, train, plane or ship headed south. And when American tightens up the purse strings, it's felt up here pretty quick.

**I say "our" because I'm an American working up here.**

·
Registered
145 Posts
With all these having different numbers and all, does anyone know if these will fit the 07 non-abs ST?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts