Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's why it won't charge.

So...$435 for the OEM part, two hours of labor....taxes. Roughly $750 - $800.

DeCosee (or anyone that might know), is there an after market stator of equal, or better, quality than the OEM version that might be less expensive?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Looks like 140 for a stator from there. Not a bad deal.

Also, they clearly didn't do a thorough job of checking the charging system last tone it was in.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to them about that. They won't charge me again for the diagnostics time. ...and they're checking my new battery for any damage that may have been done by the faulty stator. If so, they've already said they'd replace the battery too.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't blame the bike. Not many folks can say they put 39,000 miles on a bike in two years, three months. Something was due to give at some point.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
That's the right attitude man, stuff breaks, and it's a certainly a part that won't last forever, regardless of mileage. I can't stand seeing all over the Internet "X part broke on my car/bike, this brand is total crap and I'll never buy another again" and so on.

Bikes and engines and stuff prefer to used but I wonder if the heat in Texas contributed a little to its demise.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an aversion to heat, so it's never ridden in the heat of the (summer) day. Beginning this time of year through the end of September I'll start a ride at 6:30 to 7 a.m., and try to have it back in the shed by noon, or 90°, whichever comes first.

I'm a real p.....uh....wussy in the heat.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Yeah, same here with the heat. I won't ride in the heat. But, my problem is I'm too much in love with sleep to get up early except for work.

Have the best day you can!

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
I can't blame the bike. Not many folks can say they put 39,000 miles on a bike in two years, three months. Something was due to give at some point.
That is right about the same miles and age mine cooked itself a couple years back. I was on the road and the local shop installed a Ricks.
The OEM Stator price is quite painful -- sorry about that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts