Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Every time I turn the key on, there's a noise like an engine starting. Then, when I let out the clutch the wheels start this moving thing, both in the same direction. Should I not have ordered the biscuits and gravy?

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
When I look in my mirrors I see stuff that's going on behind me.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well there have been a lot of us that if we wait for the computer to cycle through its system it wont start. It just turns over once and that's it. By pushing the start button as soon as I turn the key it starts every time. Where have you people been? Yes I did read a post about this and took it to heart. It actually works. Now if we can get Triumph to figure out how to fix this problem for everyone with out trying to race the signal from the UV relay to the brain.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Try not turning on the key and not pushing the start button.
Is that better? Sounds to me like a short in the wheelbase.
You might check the battery cables. They may he tight and
not corroded. Strange indeed.

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
When I turned the key, the light came on but the motor wouldn't start. Then I pushed the horn button on the right to see if that works, and it started, but the light blinked off for a moment! Weird.

·
Registered
464 Posts
When I turned the key, the light came on but the motor wouldn't start. Then I pushed the horn button on the right to see if that works, and it started, but the light blinked off for a moment! Weird.

yeah. I did that too. That frikkin' horn never works but the light blinks off & the motor kicks in. Damn dangerous; electrical junk these Triumphs, I tell ya.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Try not turning on the key and not pushing the start button.
Is that better? Sounds to me like a short in the wheelbase.
You might check the battery cables. They may he tight and
not corroded. Strange indeed.
My key doesn't seem to reach my bike, unless I stand quite close. I'm in my house at the moment, and my key is nowhere near my bike. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My key doesn't seem to reach my bike, unless I stand quite close. I'm in my house at the moment, and my key is nowhere near my bike. Any suggestions?
Wow, you guys missed your calling. I can't wait for you guys to have issues other then your bad humor so we can laugh at them.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Wow, you guys missed your calling. I can't wait for you guys to have issues other then your bad humor so we can laugh at them.
I don't know mate, you start a post simply entitled 'Starting' with a seemingly unsolicited sentence "Tried starting as soon as I turn the key on and it starts every time no issues." and then get hot under the collar when a group of bemused contributors have a bit of a chuckle. Perhaps you need to get over yourself just a bit?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe your right. I should have been more explicit in my description. Some times I assume to much and my mind works faster then my fingers. I'm not hot under the collar. chuckle, chuckle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts