Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Sprinters. I have an '09 Sprint ST and once I'm out on the road and the bike is warmed up, if I make a quick stop for gas the
bike won't turn over until it has a few minutes to cool. Annoying for certain. Someone suggested its the regulator / rectifier. These symptoms
first appeared shortly after break in, 1300 miles but have got steadily worse. And the bike does not seem to hold a charge now either.
Starter turnover is slow too. I have an '09 Daytona that gives me no trouble in these ways, and starter turnover is brisk. Anyone had this trouble?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I’m going to suggest the 15 min tune. ECU tune Can get corrupt for a verity of reasons.
if Your unsure how this is done I’ll give a brief explanation. With the bike cooled down completely, start motor without touching throttle. Let bike idle for about 15 min or when fan kicks in. Whatever you do, don’t blip the throttle. Leave throttle alone thru process or it will cancel upload to ECU. Basically this reloads the tune into ECU overwrites bad tune.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
@Cburt
The adaptation procedure starts whenever the engine is hot. The engine doesn't need to be cold. But it does need to be left alone during the whole process once started.
BTW it's not related to corruption of anything, but only related to auto adaptative parameters being auto adjusted. Just to clear things up.
See here.
@tjkrueger what do you mean by "bike won't turn over "? The starter doesn't turn at all?
If it's the case it might be due to a solenoid problem.
You can test it by shorting the solenoid terminals and see if it starts up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts