Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my 07 s3 over the weekend and installed oes frame sliders front and rear. The next morning when i went to start it up it cranked and cranked but could not get it to turn over. I assummed the plugs were flooded so i pulled them yesterday and replaced them with irridiums. I expected to get a good start from new plugs but it took a few tries before i got it to turn over and once it did it was idleing at 1000 and was making a surging noise. Also the Engine light is illuminated and stays on. I gave a slight twist on the throttle and it died. Got it started back up and let it run for a minute and this time put in gear and started down my street. clicked it up to 2nd and it dies again with a spinning sound coming from gear shift area by my left foot. Would not start back up after this and had to push it home. I have it plugged into the battery tender for now and was hoping somebody might have some helpful advice or experienced the same problem. Also my lights and dash all work perfectly. :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so I figured out that when i was installing my oes sliders i accidently cracked my tps by installing the incorrect slider into the left rear mounting point. The mounting screw was too long and therefore when i was screwing it in the screw pushed into the tps. A stupid move on my part. This is what happens when you rush and dont pay attention i guess. Oh well. I,ve taken off the throttle body and removed cracked tps and im waiting to recieve the new one from bike bandit (not cheap). But at least this will be all good in a few days and ill be back to riding!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts