Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took my friend out on a motorcycle ride. When she was attempting to get onto the bike. I turned the ignition on I hearing this clackering sound and then my ecu resets and then my my ecu restarts for the normal preparation of the bike getting ready to be turned over. I noticed my trip gauge reseted on its own to zero. I was able ride down a hill and jump start my bike. It ran fine afterwards. Later that afternoon I tried starting up my bike and it wouldn't start. I left my bike alone for a few minutes and then reattempted to start my bike. It started up and it ran good. Later than evening I was coming home at night and I noticed my lights were flickering a little. I thought it was just my bike hitting some bumps on the road. I had my high beams on and all of a sudden my headlights goes dull and then brightens up again. I turned the high beams off and on. It's occurred again. It's a 2009 Speed Triple and it has about 29,000 miles on it. I replaced the battery back in March. I put the battery on a trickle charger and hope it improves the battery. I hadn't any issues with the bike until now. What do you think could be the cause of these strange issues? Could it be the wiring got shifted as my passenger attempted to get on the bike? Could it be the stator gone bad already? I would like some feedback soon. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check if your battery poles a screwed in tight.
I noticed on my AGM battery there was a sign of corrosion on the positive terminal. As I was unloosing the screw it was kind of lose. Maybe that could have been the case. I also I have my battery plug into a battery tender. Maybe that will help. The battery is only need for starting up the bike and the alternator keeps the battery charge right? So could my stator be out of wack?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts