Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Speedy has been laid up for several seasons for various reasons,so in need of a refresh in order to get her road ready for next season.
Plan on having forks sent off the Computrack for a rebuild,
Have a custom built 4-way Penske that's been sitting on a shelf for a few years ready to install.
Flush all hydraulics.
Front brake pistons frozen,so I'll do a clean,inspect,grease.
Rear bearings are sqeaky so set of AllBalls ready of install.
New batt ready to go in.
Set of Sprint Mfg CF cans sitting in box
Next year I'll replace tires and tweak carbs if needed,inspect valves clearances...

First up,opened tank and seeing a bit of oxidation,had added fuel stabilizer so will dump fuel,clean filter, doesn't look ait needs more then a light cleaning.What would be the best way to give her a cleaning.Vinegar?,acetone? throw in some nuts and bolts and shake.? I've coated a couple of rusted tanks but this doesn't look close enough for that at least on first inspection.. Thanks for thoughts....

·
Registered
184 Posts
You mentioned carb tweaking. Take out the low speed idle jet, it is next to the main jet, look thru it length wise. It is a very small hole and you'll probably see it is clogged. If this jet is clogged the bike will idle poorly and run terribly at low throttle settings. Open up the throttle and the bike will run great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts