Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Vid Plewsy,
I recognize those side panels!
Didn't you do a few other vids on utube as well?
Webby
Hi Webby You have sussed me,:rolleyes: yes I have a few vids on utube mainly messing about in me shed.
I did enjoy bashing them panels out of and old baking tray I had:D I am dead chuffed the way they turned out:cool:
A few of my vids are on Triumph Rat somewhere, not put on by me but by others, which is a great big feather in my cap.
I am a little embarrassed :eek: to put them on here myself just in case people thought I was pushing them.

·
Super Moderator
13,272 Posts
I'm the moderator here and I don't mind anyone posting info that helps the members.

As far as hawking products and services, the forum owners frown on anyone but paying sponsors mentioning thier stuff.

Anyone referring the members to dealers and suppliers they've had GOOD RESULTS with, are not only allowed, they are encouraged.

Anyone mentioning NEGATIVE experiences are asked to be clear, stick to the basic facts, and not attack personally.

...for what it's worth...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Plewsy,

Great little video you got there. I am sure that will help a newbie
out with a new ride. No one every seems to mention the ticklers
when they sell a ride to a novice.

Pookybear

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Great video!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I'm a newbie and I appreciate your video

Plewsy,

Excellent video tutorial! Nicely edited, and it covers all the steps I've been reading about.

I initiated the recent threads about starting the bike while on the side stand and breaking the clutch plates before starting the motor and the numerous replies were certainly helpful, but your well crafted, concise video really shows me.

Thank you very much.

When my street-tracker is finally ready to rumble, you all will have saved me an embarrassing tumble, or at least some nasty grinding : -)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 picture tells a 1000 words :)

looseparts (great Questions)
You and your threads where the inspiration for me to do the vid and I am glad you have found it useful.
As most of the process is habit to me, and it is so easy to forget about the newbies who don't really know yet! what even ticklers are.
Things us oldies take for granted, as it was a long time ago someone showed us:)
It actually took me about two hours to start the bike :eek: moving the camera and stuff, thank goodness for "movie maker":D
Thanks guy's for the great comments I feel a flyby vid coming on, if it ever stops raining.

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Hi Webby You have sussed me,:rolleyes: yes I have a few vids on utube mainly messing about in me shed.
I did enjoy bashing them panels out of and old baking tray I had:D I am dead chuffed the way they turned out:cool:
A few of my vids are on Triumph Rat somewhere, not put on by me but by others, which is a great big feather in my cap.
I am a little embarrassed :eek: to put them on here myself just in case people thought I was pushing them.
Well, keep up the good work, you have a lot of good info/tips to pass on to others!

Webby

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the vote of confidence Webby:D
I will have to post some more now I know some people will find them handy,
I am in the process of editing a cylinder head one, lapping valves and glassing the face, a head with a small crack in it, in fact the one I have just put on the bike to keep me on the road until I get the other repaired.
Thanks again:)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Great Vid.
Yes, great to see. Gets me motivated to complete my first Bonnie restoration.
Thanks also for taking time to add the text about no air cable -- I was wondering about that.

Plus, long time since Ive heard an accent like that!
Cheers.

·
Registered
601 Posts
What?

Accent? What accent? Now I have an accent, Southern New
Jersey.

As in: Can I have a glass of wadder? Read that as it is spelled
boys and girls.

Pookybear

·
Registered
767 Posts
I just saw your video on another thread on the Boyer installation--great work! Now Im not as nervous about doing the install myself (when I get around to it).
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I replaced the original Lucas Rita for the Boyer it was quite easy to fit and the instructions straight forward.
I must thank 77FREEDOM for posting it :)
I have a couple more, on removing my head, setting tappets where the last I made, they are rough round the edges, but think they give a general idea of the job in hand.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts