Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a wierd issue that just started today. I have an '08 speedy.

I'm in the middle of a relativley long road and every time I go to start my bike after stopping, nothing happens. It doesn't turn over at all. The speedo lights up, but when I hit the starter its silent.

If I roll the bike forward a foot or two it starts as if nothing was ever wrong.

Does anyone have any expierance with this or have any idea what might be wrong? And if so, should the problem be covered under warranty? I'm still within my first year.

Thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
starter issue

Are you lifting the stand up when moving the bike forward.
It might have something to do with a clutch or nuetral or stand switch.Try fiddling with these levers/controls one at a time without moving the bike forward and hopfully one of them will be faulty.
Starting you're bike is such an automatic action that you do without thinking so when something does'nt work you have to step back and think, what just happened here? I still get trapped when pulling up to park and still having the bike in gear, clutch in,and then putting the stand down and the bike stalls and I think "****" what just happened and then I go to myself "duh" bloody side stand switch.
Enough said I'm starting to feel like a goose.
Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts