Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
When hitting the starter button on my Scrambler 06, sometimes it takes 2-3 times for me to press it before the starter reacts?? does anybody know what could be the problem here?:confused:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Maybe crud on the electrical contacts? Spray with WD40 and see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Check all of your connections such as the starter relay under the left cover, also check your battery connections. The starter is the biggest power load on your system. Bad connections can cause the starter relay to not relay the power, or kick out as soon as it does become active.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Check all of your connections such as the starter relay under the left cover, also check your battery connections. The starter is the biggest power load on your system. Bad connections can cause the starter relay to not relay the power, or kick out as soon as it does become active.
+1. Lots of people have suffered from loose connections at the battery. Start there.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
It's funny you mention starter button trouble cause I just had the same problem last weekend. If you remove the two philips screws and access cover, you will see a screw holding the starter button in. Remove it (watching that the spring doesn't go awol) and scrape/sand/file the crud off the spring ends and contacts. Solved my problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Normandy, I think you are onto something here, I will try this. I dont think it is the battery connection as the lights are still on when this problem happens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts