Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
Captain Kirk teleported down to planet Zog with Sulu & Spock....oh, wait, not that Star Tron...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's like the similarity between the Starship Enterprise and toilet paper: they both circle Uranus looking for Klingons.

Seriously, Scot (Cafebird) had reported some increased mileage using Startron on the carb cleaner thread, so I was curious if he is still finding it to work so well.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Yeah, I have gained an average of about 5 mpg, after running it through 7 tanks of fuel. However, I have also run the past 3 tanks without it, and they had similar performance.

I think it simply cleaned out my fuel system very well, and thus has improved my overall fuel mileage. The instantaneous improvement was a bit shocking...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So...maybe it cleans as well or better than Seafoam, and stabilizes the fuel for long term storage? Maybe some of you other Seafoam champions might give it a try and report back to us...

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
I found this at my Local Triumph dealer. The parts guys were telling stories similar to Scot's so I decided to give it a try. This past Sunday my brother and I went for a nice long ride together, so I decided that would be a good time to check it out.

I have been using seafoam for the past 3 years for winter storage.
My usual mileage has been 40 - 42 and that is pretty consistent, except if I run at sustained high speeds on the Interstate, or run at an especially relaxed pace.

Tank 1 Added approx 2.5 ounces and filled up.
Ran Interstate since I was running late 80 to 85 mph, a few bursts up to 90.
93 miles 2.616 Gallons 35.5 mpg. I usually get around 30-32 when I run at those speeds sustained.

Tank 2 Just filled up, no more Star Tron
Ran mixed roads fairly brisk pace.
127 miles 2.984 Gallons 43.7 mpg I usually get 40 - 42 under those conditions.

Tank 3 Just filled up again, still no more Star Tron
Ran mixed roads, at a relaxed pace
114 miles 2.719 Gallons 46.95 mpg
I usually get 42 - 43 under those conditions

Tank 4 Filled up again and still no more Star Tron
2 lane highway criusing 60 - 65
80 miles 2.179 Gallons 47.59 mpg
Best I got before under those conditions was 44

I think Scot is right, it evidently cleaned out my fuel system really good.

I notice that the bike runs smoother.

I am impressed !!!

I'll try some tanks of the maintenance dose and see how that goes.

I am also going to put some in my Truck since it has 170K on it and the milage has slowly declined a little over the life of the truck.

When I was using Red Stabil I always found a little bit of fine red solid deposits when I drained the float bowls in the spring. I've never seen this with Seafoam. I had the carbs off of the TBird a few weeks ago and there were no deposits and no varnish in there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Recently brought product into our dealership after speaking directly to manufacturer. It will actually raise octane levels of current fuel on the market today. Ethanol tends to absorb moisture from the atmosphere much like brake fluid and then drops to bottom of tank with the water leaving the fuel atop. the fuel than starts to break down and particulate. The startron will keep this dropout from happening and also break the particulates down to 2 microns which is very small indeed. this all then passes thru the fuel system without deposits. Gas milage has definitly improved since I use it on a regular basis and you do not have to worry about overdosing of product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts