Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the group but not entirely new to the Tiger scene. I had a 2005 955i from 2008-2012 and regrettably sold it. My kids have now recently bought bikes so I searched for another lower mileage 2005-2006 Tiger. Found one in California and bought it. Having a bit of buyers remorse as upon looking at the bike better there are a lot of little parts that are damaged and based on that I paid too much, a few other little surprises too like missing pannier / top box keys.

I fell into the trap of driving 18 hrs to look at it and should've either negotiated on price or walked away but I have it now so time to get on with it!

I imported it from the USA to Canada and unfortunately can't get it passed the import inspection with the TOR muffler, was hoping the inspector would turn a blind eye but he won't and unfortunately going to a different inspector isn't an option as in Canada Canadian Tire does all of the federal inspections.

Anyone in the USA or Canada happen to have a standard muffler I can borrow for a couple of days? I would obviously pay freight to and from (I have a shipping address in WA state and am close to the border) and get it back to you as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jeez!

Its not like the TOR is overly loud :headscratch a jobsworth no doubt!

Had you been a bit closer you could have had my standard can f.o.c, me thinks the shipping would be too much :SadSigh

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think those rules are not more valid, at least I have never had to face such a scenario. To be honest, a credit or a loan could ruin your life if you are not careful with that. So to say, requesting a loan, could be tricky, and that's why you need to have a good consultation and a good credit company that will offer you a good credit option. I had requested more than 4 loans and it was accepted every time. I think it happened so because I found a good credit company that was able to fit my needs. By the way, I will leave a link to the credit company I was talking about https://credit-10.com/es/moneyman-prestamos/

·
Registered
667 Posts
How did the inspector even pick it was a TOR? As 2Tigers says they're not especially loud and don't they look the same. It's not like the product info stamp is easy to see, isn't it on the inside?

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Duct tape is your friend.
That sounds like a chain store - did they red flag you in the computer or something?
It would cost a small fortune to ship one to Canada and back, hope someone local can step up for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts