Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The silencers on my project Tbird are past their sell by date. I'm certainly not giving Triumph money for new ones, or buying TORs as they are too loud). Are there any reasonably priced road legal aftermarket cans available, or will I have to sit and twiddle my thumbs until some come up on ebay?

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
If you want quiet ones, most likely you'll be twiddling. With a little work, you can get many different 1 3/4" pipes to work though. Very few available are as quiet as the Triumph stock cans though. Most aftermarket are much louder.

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
You can get any number of universal or old brit bike silencers to fit, at most you will have to fab. a rear bracket. I thought the OD of the pipes was 1.5" but I could be wrong. Either way most universal silencers come with an adapter to fit either 1.75" or 1.5" pipes.

Personally, If I were in the market for some I would go with a pair of pattern T120 parts.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.....I like the standard look, but I'm hoping to put the Mecatwin rear seat and mudguard conversion on the bike later in the year.........I know where there are some Legend exhausts, but i'm not sure of the 'look'.......The standard exhausts never seem to fetch silly money even when mint, and I'm not particularly in a rush......

Rob

·
Registered
120 Posts
Apparently:rolleyes:

Sprint Manufacturing sell a set of peashooters with removable baffles, which from experience aren't too loud and are far more reasonably priced. You might have to fab up a set of brackets, but I doubt you'd have a problem with that:)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
The silencers on my project Tbird are past their sell by date. Rob
Did they have a $2 Off Sticker on them?

Contact some of the TBird oriented dealers of old......Hermys, Great Bay, etc.

I bought brand new "take-offs" cheap from Hermys that way. Great Bay was big on TBirds too.

Maybe someone has some sitting in the attic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts