Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow rats,I am a newbie all across the board.
Here is my question.

I own a 96 Thunderbird,great bike.Here lies the question,when first starting after being warmed up i drop it into first an it stalls,this happens serveral times,i rev it i pop into first it doesn't stall.I hope i'm making sense,is there anyone who can help me address this problem before going to mechanic again.Could it be clutch problem? The bike was recently serviced.Any clues thanks in advance

jmh

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
The first thing that comes to my mind is the kickstand switch, since it happens when you put it into gear. I would flush it out with some WD-40 first, then replace it if that didn't work. Could be something else, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Cheers, HTH,
-Kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first thing that comes to my mind is the kickstand switch, since it happens when you put it into gear. I would flush it out with some WD-40 first, then replace it if that didn't work. Could be something else, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Cheers, HTH,
-Kit
Even if the kickstand is up?? I'll give that a shot,thanks I'll let you know the outcome.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Exactly. If the switch is sticky, it "thinks" the kickstand is down even though it's up. Let us know.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly. If the switch is sticky, it "thinks" the kickstand is down even though it's up. Let us know.

Cheers,
-Kit
DUDE!!!! You Rule i would never hand thought of that at all.probably
save me a week of riding time as well as a grip of loot.thank you thank you.probably never been lubed

jmh

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Glad to hear it! :D

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts