Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Tiger 955i 2001
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copied from newby Welcome section:

New to the forum so firstly, thanks for having me.

Problem - When the engine is up to temp and in particular when subject ot stop start conditions the engine will suddenly stall on a down-change without warning. This happens often on an approach to lights, or worse when entering a corner. Especially unnerving with a pillion. At the stage that stalling starts to happen the throttle/fuelling get ragged and difficult to balance. Idle at standstill becomes rougher. There is the smell of unburnt fuel and a lot of popping from the exhaust from the get-go, which I like but it seems to be a symptom from what I can tell.
I have now become quite good at getting the tank off but it is winding me up massively and am desperate to resolve it so advice appreciated.
Things I have checked are: idle control valve checked and appears to work excellently. Changed hoses to ldle Control. Ran it through with RedX, use good fuel.
Anything anybody can share to help get ot the bottom of this would be great.
Thanks in advance
Rev CM

·
Registered
9 Posts
I forgot to put the little black hoses on the throttle bodies that run to the pressure sensors. The bike idled badly. Maybe you've picked up a crack in one of the pipes. They run from nipples facing backward below and between the throttle body bores.

Worth having a look, although you might have to pull the air box

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Tiger 955i 2001
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to put the little black hoses on the throttle bodies that run to the pressure sensors. The bike idled badly. Maybe you've picked up a crack in one of the pipes. They run from nipples facing backward below and between the throttle body bores.

Worth having a look, although you might have to pull the air box

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks McKracken but yes, that was the first thing I did, replaced the rubbish brittle factory items with some high quality hosing. Really thought that would have solved it but nope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.