Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just bought a 2000 daytona 955i, sometimes in will stall when idleing, it is very occasional but wanted to know if this normal or if there might be a problem, also would anyone recommend fuel additives?

many thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
It's probably just a faulty hose off of the IACV. Just check to see if any of the hoses are cracked. That would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply Turk, but i have no idea what a IACV is! is it easy to find bearing in mind my mechanical side is not that great

·
Super Moderator
21,949 Posts
Hoses disconnected or cracked off the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) would result in bike idling at high rpm, not stalling.

On 2000 model the idle fuel trim (also known as CO Adjust) is set manually into the ECM - you most likely need that adjusted.
You need to have dealer do that or you can DIY if you get the TuneECU program and a cable - see the ECM & FI Tuning SubForum

·
Registered
865 Posts
Not a problem, You should buy a service manual though, either from Haynes or Clymers. Just remove your fuel tank, then your airbox. To remove your air box you will have to undo the thermostat housing and the intake duct's from the fairing. plus you will have to disconnect some hoses and a sensor,make sure you remember where everything reconnects on reassembly. Once you remove the airbox the IACV will be right there on top of the throttle boddies. There will be 3 hoses running from the IACV to the intake manifold, check to see if any are cracked or split.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Hi Brad

It idles at about 1100
The engine should idle at 1200 RPM +/- 50 RPM so your's is a bit low. The only fuel additive I suggest is Sea Foam, or something similar, if the engine has sat for an extended period. This can help clean out any injector fouling that could effect the spray pattern.

Brad

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The engine should idle at 1200 RPM +/- 50 RPM so your's is a bit low. The only fuel additive I suggest is Sea Foam, or something similar, if the engine has sat for an extended period. This can help clean out any injector fouling that could effect the spray pattern.

Brad
Yes it has sat for a while that makes sense thanks for advice

Simon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts