Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone give me a degree of difficulty for fitting Staintune teardrops. Also, any probs with side stand or centre stand operation? The standard LH muffler has a bracket and bump stop for the side stand - is this also on the staintune?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Fairly easy to fit you need a bit of muscle to get the old ones off.
Also be a bit patient refitting you need to sort of roll them into the rear footpeg hanger bits and take note of how the rubbers come out.
The sidestand works OK. I don't have a centre stand but I'm pretty sure it has the stopper. I just went and had a look it has a bracket welded on th LH pipe, I'd reckon you would need to take the rubber stopper off the stock pipes.
Also grab sme high temp silicone sealer for the joint.

Darcy

·
Registered
49 Posts
...yeah, Darcy has it covered..fitted the peashooters myself

...but my understanding is that Staintune don't make Treadrops I.E. that's the ones that taper....only peashooters , so named because they have parallel sides ....and the reverse cones..

..whichever..they're the bees knees in pipes

·
Registered
679 Posts
Staintunew rightly call them "tear drops" Peashooters have a long slender taper.

Darcy

·
Registered
49 Posts
...well there you go Darcy
...but all the pea shooters I used as a kid sure as hell didn't have no taper...same diameter all the way....e.g. a straw worked good with hundreds and thousands I seem to remember

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah I know it seems weird but this is a peashooter

Darcy

Yikes it's a big pic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts