Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Staintune Pipes,K&N Air filter, Tach as well as removing the air injector from my America. The Pipes sound great and I will soon be taking her on a Test Cruise. Over the winter I added some chrome Primary cover,Chain Guard,Battery cover,and rear Passenger Foot rest brackets.
All I can say is it looks Great....I will add some photos soon. :cool: :-D :-D :-D :cool:

Thanks again for the help with my Tach....Triumph Riders are the Best!!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I have just removed the restrictors from the staintunes on my speedie. Ran with them in all last year, sounds OK but not loud. I noticed the pipe is straight thru and heavy.
Do you have the restrictors out ? Is it too loud ? Is all the weight from a ceramic pack around the tube ? I checked the staintune site but they don't give any design info. If running with no restrctors, are the plugs burning hotter ? I will be getting the bike out next week and will let you know my results.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't run mine without the restrictors ,I love the way they sound with them in. Brings me back to my younger years when I owned my 69 Bonniville. Use to run TT pipes on her once in a while back in those days.
I do think I will need to shim the needles,I noticed a flat spot in the mid range.
Stonefly :cool:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have Staintunes on my '04 T100 and leave the restrictors in. I have taken them out and it is too loud for me and there is less power according to the butt dyno. Yours may be calibrated differently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts