Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
Interested in hearing from those who know or have done.
Speaking with Dyno-jet They make only a stage 1 jet kit for the Daytona 1200.

I'm putting pods and slip-one's on the bike. So I will be testing out different jet's and settings to get it right.

Is there any of you with a 1200 with pod's and slip-on's that have a proven setup for the carb's? This will save me much time trying to figure it out.
Thanks and be well
Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
1200 tuning

Hi
I had my 1200 tuned up a few years ago with the Dynajet kit, mod to airbox and a couple of race pipes. It made a noticeable difference to an already quick bike. I put the kit on and then had a couple of hours on a rolling road to set up. One thing - the small surge chambers on the side - you will need to keep the feed pipes but remove the filter things. If yours is US not sure if same airbox but i had to seal mine with silicone as the new filter is a very tight fit. The jets went up but only slightly. The only other probs i had were, the brakes, needed new seals and cleaning out at 20k, one coil, ig pick up, otherwise brilliant bike.
Rgds
Paul

·
Registered
692 Posts
I don't have information regarding the jet sizes, but have some other info that may be of benefit to you.

When I bought my D1200SE three years ago, with 828 miles on it, I immediately made changes at the dealer, so I can not make a comparison to stock.

I had the dealer install a Stage 1 K&N jet kit (K&N was selling the Dynojet kit under the K&N name at the time, and have since then exited that business), a K&N air filter and had the baffels removed in the stock mufflers and replaced with fiberglass. I can say that she has a lot of power, but can't compare to stock.

Below I post the web site for some D1200 goodies. Besides the jet kit, you might also consider the ignition advance plates. I think these give 4 degrees change to the stock advance. Louis, from the Netherlands, obviously feels that the plates provide more power. However, I think that they also slightly reduce gas mileage, if that is a consideration. I have not tried these plates myself and would like to have your opinion in a future post if you make this addition.

http://www.factorypro.com/prod_pages/prodtriumph1200.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts