Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I busted my foot again (not bike-related this time)...

A friend gave me some Sta-bil stabilizer. Is this a good idea? It's pretty likely the bike is going to sit for a couple months, the temp is moderate around here: 30-60 degrees lately.

Also, should I put it in my lawnmower too?

Former-city-girl,
Mare

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
the stuff works well. Just follow the instructions. Also, you may want to top-off the tank in your bike with gas/stabil mix because it will rust in the empty areas (top). The gasoline being there prevents rust.

Also a good idea, put Stabil in the gas tank. Then shutoff the petcock and drain the carb bowls, then reopen and start the bike and run some of the fuel with Stabil in it through the carbs. It will prevent them from gumming up.

should work in the lawnmower just fine too.

Heal fast!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Absolutely. I put it in everything of mine that uses gas and sits from season to season. (snowblower, weed-wacker, blower, mower, garage-queen car and both of my bikes) For my oil/mix gas, I mix it right in with the oil as those cans don't get filled very often. I'm incredibly anal/OCD so I made laminated tags for each can and I jot down the date Stabil went in. When I put it in the bike, I right the date down with a felt tip on a piece of masking tape and stick on the handlebar. Like I said OCD....

Anytime I'm not going to refill the thank for more than 2 months, Stabil goes in. Runs fine with the Stabil, on those rare warm East-coast days but I don't beat on the motor as hard just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts