Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike in for a 11,500 mile valve clearance check. All were well within spec and none needed adjustment. Had em do a throttle body check/adjust while they were at it...no adjustment needed. Then checked the air filter, yikes! It was a solid black mass in the center, I believe replacement is recommended at 20,000 mile intervals, i believe i will be checking mine at around 5,000 to 7,000 mile intervals. I know we all ride in different conditions so keep in mind this is only my experience, and it suspect it is primarily from bugs as when i ride i seem to be in bug country most of the time. But also keep in mind that in none of my other bikes have i had anything close to this level of crud in an air filter with many more miles...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
yeah, my filter looked like that too. it had 18,000 miles on it. kept forgeting to change it.

oh well, better late than never.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Yup...air filter is usually fithly by 6k to 8k I notice. I had my valves checked today....they did the 12k service minus the stuff I ended up doing...valves were all in the loose spec..which was good. No issue found with the possible headgasket either...held 1.3 bar overnight. Had them change the coolant for good measure...and I will be ready for the spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts