Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a few pics of the Street Twin black quilted seat. Hope to ride on it today. Oh yea its only $300 if you can find it vs. $375 for the others which makes no sense, but i also got the sprocket cover for $35 also. I keep a close eye on Triumph site now hoping to catch these under priced accessories.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was just looking into this seat,as an alternative to the standard bench seat ribbed model, let us know your feedback. I felt the ribbed model was more comfortable compared to standard ST seat, except for being hotter (less heat dissipating due to leather vs synthetic material). My hunch is this quilted design may be cooler? Thank you

·
Registered
692 Posts
I really like the quilted, I have the same matte black ST with a brown ribbed bench... My brushed aluminum sprocket cover and badges are on the way also... Glad to see what they look like on your bike.

Reactions: jrat

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here's a few pics of the Street Twin black quilted seat. Hope to ride on it today. Oh yea its only $300 if you can find it vs. $375 for the others which makes no sense, but i also got the sprocket cover for $35 also. I keep a close eye on Triumph site now hoping to catch these under priced accessories.
I can't even find this on the Triumph site - what is the part number? Looks great on your bike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My wife installed the quilted brown seat on her Matt black ST. We rode 145 miles yesterday and she said it was a bit hard, but fine. I've attached a pic. We purchased it from our dealer who had it in stock. Dani added brown Triumph grips and the combo looks great.

·
Registered
692 Posts
My wife installed the quilted brown seat on her Matt black ST. We rode 145 miles yesterday and she said it was a bit hard, but fine. I've attached a pic. We purchased it from our dealer who had it in stock. Dani added brown Triumph grips and the combo looks great.
I guess your pic didn't load... Would love to see the quilted seat brown with the matte black.
I have the brown ribbed bench seat, I am just wondering if it is the same color brown... I wish the brown ribbed seat was a closer color match to the brown grips and the brown leather on the olive panniers.

·
Read Only
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah yes, me and the shop clerk i got it from were wondering what the tabs were for. i have them tucked under it.

I really liked my 2 rides yesterday on it. The seat is firmer but still soft. Adds what i think is only about 1/2 inch to height, my feet were perfectly planted on road at stops.

Only neg is now there is a gap between seat and side panels now showing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Indeed, I noticed as well that the 1" gap approximately between seat and side panels exposes an area between battery and seat, in addition to frame tubing and unsightly cables. I wonder why they made the seat height so skinny?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I prefer the look of the quilted seat over the ribbed, but it disappeared from Triumph's page recently under the ST. So did the spoke wheels option.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Indeed, I noticed as well that the 1" gap approximately between seat and side panels exposes an area between battery and seat, in addition to frame tubing and unsightly cables. I wonder why they made the seat height so skinny?
I'm wondering the same thing. I just bought the brown bench seat and, while it is definitely more comfortable, the gap bothers me (I admit that I was warned, however). Is it OK for those cables to be exposed?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The seat is so skinny that it produces a gap because the bench seat is flat while supporting frame is S-shaped: a thicker, flat-shaped seat to cover the S-shape apparently is not feaseable. Also the T120 seats are slightly cupped to follow the S curve, but the T120 sidecovers are taller if I'm not mistaken.

Live with the gap, or cover it somehow, perhaps with a leather "skirt" of some sorts?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts