Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else feel that the front shocks on the ST are too soft? Anyone here modified them yet?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Anyone know whether 2016 Bonnie T120 springs are stiffer and may be swapped for standard Street Twin springs? If I'm not mistaken for diameter is same. Could this be a quick and cheap solution?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Andreani already makes a drop in cartridge for the STwin. The US distributor is fastbikeindustries in north Carolina. They cost $599. They are fully adjustable. I'm gonna hold off at least till next year to do cuz i don't know how long I'll be owning this bike.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Actually to me, the back shocks are really sucky. Those are what i would replace first.
I'd like to try a pair of the non piggyback reservoir ohlins shocks but they don't have a part # yet.

·
Registered
214 Posts
yep

agree with Zone5 , its what I'll do first as soon as a suitable twin shock is available and drop some fork springs in at the same time. Thicker oil in the front may help

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, new fork cartridges, new rear shocks, center stand, and your creeping up to $2K. Honda's coming back with the cb1100 in 2017.
What if yamaha gets on the band wagon and starts making ujm's with a triple with better components. If that happens within the next year or two and i get rid of the st, I'd have wasted all that $.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts