Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone had fitted a sprung solo saddle to their Bonnie, and if so, is it a major PITA or a fairly straightforward job? I've always liked the looks of the old classics with sprung saddles and reckon it'd look good on the new bonnie. Could also be the swinging point between Bonnie and Scrambler! (not sure it'd really go on a Scram)
Cheers
bob

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
A guy named Modre posted a few photos in Twin Talk dated 04-23-2008. Hre got the seat from a Royal Enfield place. Use search in Twin Talk, key words modre and solo seat.

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
I think Rodburner had a sprung saddle on one of the many incarnations of his Bonnie.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sprung Saddle

I have a sprung saddle made by Wassell in England. It is supposed to be for a Norton. I made up a sheet steel panel to cover the battery and electrics, and the box to the rear of the seat covers the CDI box, the rack is from a Lambretta!

It is very comfy, but it is about an inch and a half higher than the stock seat, so its a bit of a stretch to the floor. I am going to alter the brackets to lower it a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts