Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi from aus this is my first post so forgive me if im rambling. i recently changed my chain and sprockets on 2012 speedmaster i also ordered a set of black sprocket nuts in the set which never came as they said would not fit and substituted with a chain alighner. i have looked for a set online and can only find overseas.does anyone know correct size of nuts they have m12 x1.25 for t100 here but not sure if they will fit. thankyou

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi from aus this is my first post so forgive me if im rambling. i recently changed my chain and sprockets on 2012 speedmaster i also ordered a set of black sprocket nuts in the set which never came as they said would not fit and substituted with a chain alighner. i have looked for a set online and can only find overseas.does anyone know correct size of nuts they have m12 x1.25 for t100 here but not sure if they will fit. thankyou
Look at this site and see if these nuts will work. ACCESSORIES & ELECTRONICS
thanks wenzel i ordered my sprockets and chain and a set of nuts from here when i recieved it there was a note saying they did not fit sm.and put in a chain alighnment tool which i already have.i guess im asking are speedmaster nuts m12x1.25 in size.they are available in aus but specify for 2010 t100.would they be the same.? cheers for reply

·
Registered
86 Posts
It would seem that you do need the 12x1.25 lock nuts .

LOCKNUTFLGDM12X125
T3350234
Replaces T3350115

90cd17ddcb5f7abfebd2da9e361cf1b8.png

I put a new chain and sprockets on my 2008 Standard Bonneville 865 EFI a couple of months ago and those nuts are M10x1.25 , and the same part number is listed on the schematics for carbed and EFI T100's , so be aware that the supplier you mentioned states T100 as 12x1.25 . You'll need to verify what they're actually sending you . If you can , measure your sprocket carrier stud to make sure .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are my original M10 x 1.25 sprocket nuts , 12 years old and 60,000 miles soaked in white vinegar overnight and brass wire brush to remove residue .

View attachment 717471
cheers for that. think i will just clean up the origanals too.i only wanted black to match sprocket but a set of nuts cost as much as sprocket lol. thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
if you need new M10 x 1.25p nuts use nyloc nuts as they self lock on the thread. besides obtaining from industrial bolt suppliers like Blackwoods that are in most Australian cities, or get them online from this Aussie supplier Stainless Steel A4 Nylock Nut M10 (1.25)
about a $1.50 each

if you want the black finish just color them in when fastened with a Texta or black Sharpie pen

having said that, I've re-used mine several times with no problems. I make sure they are tightened to the Triumph specified 55 Nm torque

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you need new M10 x 1.25p nuts use nyloc nuts as they self lock on the thread. besides obtaining from industrial bolt suppliers like Blackwoods that are in most Australian cities, or get them online from this Aussie supplier Stainless Steel A4 Nylock Nut M10 (1.25)
about a $1.50 each

if you want the black finish just color them in when fastened with a Texta or black Sharpie pen

having said that, I've re-used mine several times with no problems. I make sure they are tightened to the Triumph specified 55 Nm torque
cheers bonza just checked some out online. do you think it matters that the nyloc nuts are not flanged not that i could find anyway. or just use a washer.speedmaster is m12x1.25.thanks for input.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Use any style nuts you like with washers. Don't feel you need to limit yourself to self locking. Just use safety wire and loctite with any "standard" nut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts