Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 sprint st1050. Went for a ride few weeks ago it sat for 2 days then hasn’t run since. Fuel pump had to be replaced but it still won’t go. Cleaned out injectors which were full of crap. It cranks, it’s getting plenty of fuel cause the plugs are getting drowned but when I pull the plugs n dried them out I could get a good spark off them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
73 Posts
How do you know the injectors are now properly cleaned? They could still be partially blocked, resulting in "dribblling" when you crank - rather than being properly atomised (and fuel arriving wrong time) - this can still give damp plugs.

·
Registered
398 Posts
As pushr0d said, first step would be to empty fuel tank and add some known good fuel. If still no start my next look would be to the CPS to give it a good clean. Eliminate the easy to do things first.

·
Registered
2008 Sprint ST
8 Posts
I have a 2006 sprint st1050. Went for a ride few weeks ago it sat for 2 days then hasn’t run since. Fuel pump had to be replaced but it still won’t go. Cleaned out injectors which were full of crap. It cranks, it’s getting plenty of fuel cause the plugs are getting drowned but when I pull the plugs n dried them out I could get a good spark off them. Any ideas?
Same thing happened to me. Bad gas so I removed/drained tank, cleaned injectors, replaced fuel pump and runs like new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the tips got the old girl running. Must’ve been crap load of fuel which stuffed the pump n blocked everything up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts