Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Wonder if you could help me. I am thinking of upgrading my bulbs to orsam nightbreakers.

Does anyone have these fitted and if so are they a good alternative ? Any other recommendations ?

Secondly, what sizes do I require for the 2 dipped and full beam ? Atre they all H7 ? I am currently out of the uk and cant check on the bike.

Thanks for any help/advice

cheers

steve

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Well, I have the Nightbreakers, and am very impressed with them........over the standard lamps.......

gotta admit, never ridden with Hid's though.............

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi

Wonder if you could help me. I am thinking of upgrading my bulbs to orsam nightbreakers.

Does anyone have these fitted and if so are they a good alternative ? Any other recommendations ?

Secondly, what sizes do I require for the 2 dipped and full beam ? Atre they all H7 ? I am currently out of the uk and cant check on the bike.

Thanks for any help/advice

cheers

steve
Steve--Yes, they are all H7 bulbs. I put these on my '06 and they do light it up better than the stock bulbs. The controversial issue has to do with the life of the NightBreakers. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed in that regard but it's too early to tell since I made this switch just a couple of weeks back. One thing is for sure, the NightBreakers are not as good as HID but they are easy and fairly inexpensive to install. That's worth a look, I would say. --Ken B.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I put Osram Silverstar (only 50% brighter) H7 in my dipped pair - only had to remove screen and cockpit infills to get to them. When it came to main beam I baulked at removing the instrument binnacle - luckily it was in for a service and warranty work at my dealer, so they did the main beam for me. It did make quite a difference, especially also lifting the aim a smidge!

·
Registered
511 Posts
ok... thanks, were would I get HID's from/fitted. How much they cost ?

Thanks
I can personally recommend these.
Cheap and worked very well with couple of Hondas.

Those are with normal ballasts so you need to find more space.
Installation is plug and play.

I dont have Spint so i cant help you more.
Maybe someone has more experince with Triumphs.

No more halogens to me, never!!! :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts