Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heartbroken and sick to my stomach. My beautiful caspian blue, meticulously maintained, flawless 2006 Sprint went down today. Don't know what happened but I was heading off to work, rolled it out of the garage fired it up, dropped it into first, eased the clutch out and then hell broke loose. Bike rocketed forward, I slid off the back and bike landed on its left side about 8 feet from me. Fortunately its minor damage and cosmetic but that doesn't mean I am not upset

Left Mirror scraped Up pretty bad.
Pazzo lever dinged a bit on the end as is the weight at the end of the grip
Engine casing scratched behind shift lever scraped as well as a scrape on the exposed part of the fairing.
Passenger peg bracket scraped up
Fairing pretty much shot.

Will be replacing fairing, going to order new fairing, decals and all the heat liner sponge things inside. After I put the decals on is there a clearcoat to spray over it?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I am heartbroken and sick to my stomach. My beautiful caspian blue, meticulously maintained, flawless 2006 Sprint went down today. Don't know what happened but I was heading off to work, rolled it out of the garage fired it up, dropped it into first, eased the clutch out and then hell broke loose. Bike rocketed forward, I slid off the back and bike landed on its left side about 8 feet from me. Fortunately its minor damage and cosmetic but that doesn't mean I am not upset

Left Mirror scraped Up pretty bad.
Pazzo lever dinged a bit on the end as is the weight at the end of the grip
Engine casing scratched behind shift lever scraped as well as a scrape on the exposed part of the fairing.
Passenger peg bracket scraped up
Fairing pretty much shot.

Will be replacing fairing, going to order new fairing, decals and all the heat liner sponge things inside. After I put the decals on is there a clearcoat to spray over it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Did your clutch able break? I would be sick as well.
I have a friend here that just bought anew 6 cyl. Beemer tourer and lost it it the drive way, $10,000+ to bring it back to pristine.... it was 2 days old!
So it could be worse.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Replacement fairing will come clearcoated with decals already in place.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I feel for you, RickyT. You can source a new fairing piece from your local dealer. Just check Bike Bandit's prices, to make sure your dealer isn't upcharging you. That's why I order new bits from Bike Bandit.
You could also look on Ebay for a used bit, or check the breakers. Pinwall Cycle in Ohio is a good source. Also putting an ad in the Parts Wanted section of the classifieds on this forum can turn up a good part.
Paint is expensive, moreso for red. Decals are around $50 a side. So keep that in mind when sourcing parts.
Accidents happen. At least you weren't hurt, only your pride, maybe.

Good luck....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts