Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I went to my local bike dealer yesterday to place my deposit on a 2006 2006 caspian blue st. I was pulled away by the sheer look and sound of what was next to it.....a 2006 mv agusta brutale....***** that bike looks the business. Anyway I went home to think it over this holiday weekend....what would you all do? Most of my riding will be on back country roads and im looking at a fun all day type of bike to ride with friends etc. Decision decisions..... :???:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Mate there is no decision to be made - the MV is far more exotic than a Triumph. Gotta be the MV. :cool: Kev

MV Agusta Brutale

[ This message was edited by: Thefallenone on 2006-12-24 11:49 ]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Isn't the Brutale' a Naked bike?? If so the are better less costly naked on the market: Yamahas FZ1 will run with an MV but with out the cost, if it's a more exotic bike then by far the Aprillia Tuono has the sound, the looks and the goodies to bring it to the front of the class. Read Cycle World issue Oct 2006, they tested 12 nakeds including the 910 Brutale, it has some good points but IMHO not enough to out weight the price tag and the quirks
Its great to be in a place to have sooo many choices, until you gotta make one!

·
Registered
131 Posts
the Brutale is a pretty sweet lookin' ride, but I'll echo the FZ1 idea as where I would go in that case... if your looking for a good all arounder that you can do some long days/weekends with, you put your $ in the right place IMO.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dig50 and GRN are talking sense! If you want a Brutale, ricster, why were you about to order an ST rather than a Speed Triple?

However, is good sense really necessary for what will, from your description of your riding needs, essentially be a toy? The fact that you are considering a Brutale in lieu of a sports tourer suggests to me that you should let your heart rule your head! :razz:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arent the sprint st's great handling back road bikes too?

·
Registered
269 Posts
ricster,

I own an'02 ST, which probably isn't too different from the newer ST in terms of handling. So, the ST is a very capable back road scratcher within its limits, that is compared to a full on sport bike. From what I've read, it's safe to say the Brutale is in a league of its own ... a hard core naked that would slap my ST silly down the twistys.

But the ST is still fun.

Mark

PS: Merry Christmas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts