Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I posted this back in November. It's an easy mod just cut a hole the size of the key hole and disconect the cable from the catch under the seat. Reroute the cable and reconnect.
I did buy some button head stainless bolts as the stock black ones were looking aged. Took about 2o mins.
Ray

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:52
Only had my 04ST for a few months so all I have done at the moment is to reroute the seat lock as I need the panniers on all the time and you have to take them off to get at the seat lock.
So I have put it above the number (licence) plate, just below the reflector. 20 min job and no bits needed although I replaced the stock bolts with stainless button head bolts just to tidy it up.
Ray

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone else on this forum done the seat lock relocation to the rear in between the reflector and above license plate on a '99-'04 Sprint ST 955?

I don't need to do it because of the panniers as I don't have any but because I use a Powerbronze rear hugger which is a little larger and looks a lot better than the Triumph factory accessory one but the problem is the seat lock and lift handle assembly are beating the hugger to death when you hit a bad pot hole and finally destroyed it, ....And now I just bought another one and I don't want it to happen again!

And to note yes i know i will be removing the lift handle used to put the bike on the center stand, ...But I installed the fold out lift handle assembly that's used when you install panniers and like it a lot better as it works easier to put the bike on the center stand.

And is there any cons to doing this like will debris from the rear tire be thrown up on and into the relocated seat lock since it will be inline with the rear tire?, But of course the hugger might help that part!

But the relocation looks like a real easy thing to do!

And just a out of curiosity question! ....If the seat lock cable or something ever broke how would you ever get the seat off?

Any help appreciated from all you Triumph Sprint St experts as always!

Ciao! Mike in USA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts