Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am about to pick up my new sprint st (2006) this week I hope. My dealer is waiting for the recall fix (rear suspension pieces) they cant register the bike he said without doing the recall. Anyway is there anything I should do to the bike (im in a cold climate and its being stored in a storage facility..in a shed type environment). Do I need to maybe wd 40 the metal bits so no corrosion sets in etc? I hear there are issues with that on these bikes and I rather curb it from the get-go. I am planning on buying a cover for it to, as I feel this should help. As far as the rubber components does anyone recommend getting a better rubber strap tie down for the battery as I hear they dry rot pretty quickly...also the relay rubber holders I heard as well....all opinions will be greatly appreciated. :hammer:

·
Premium Member
24,401 Posts
HI ricster,
lucky you.

Your suggestion about WD40 may be a good idea.

I don't have that problem where I live and regards the battery strap, I still have the original on mine it has never perished and still is fine.

DaveM :cool:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sound to me like you need some of this:

FS 365 Protector Spray is a blend of mineral oil, surfactant, anti-corrosion additives and water which forms a stable micro-solution that can only separated by evaporation.FS 365 is water soluble and therefore inherently biodegradable, it clings to all surfaces lubricating and preventing the onset of rust. FS 365 is an MCN PRODUCT OF THE YEAR.

Available here:

Scottoiler

You must be able to buy this closer to home.

Kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts