Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again, Last weekend my 03 Sprint w/ 7k miles, had the fuel guage go up and down several times upon startup after filling tank and then guage dropped to the bottom and died. Then check engine light came on. I read several posts where this has happened to Sprints and several Daytonas. I'm 80 miles from a Triumph dealer and sure would enjoy possibly fixing this problem myself.

I have the manual from Triumph. Please send me a "how to" or the page numbers of how to go about checking out this problem.

Thanks, Randy in Ga. It's riding time down here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a great list and I'll check these first two tips

Thanks for the notes on checking into this item on my bike. I tried to reach under the tank and wiggle things while it was running but it didn't change anything. I checked the battery connections and tightened them as hard as I could. But wil disconnect and clean and retighten again. and look at those connections

A couple of months ago I came on the list to report my bike had quit running at 75mph on the interstate. I got it home on my truck and got tons of clues from the Ratters out there and when I took of the fairing sides and went to lift up the tank I found the quick disconnect tank fuel like had unplugged half way. I pushed it together and it started right up. Maybe my problem is right there with the connections on the wiring as well.

Can I just take off the tank mounting bolts and lift it? or do those fairing sides have to come off again?

grazi molti Randy in GA

1 - 2 of 6 Posts