Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the movie file is too large for youtube so I'm hosting it directly from my computer.

Go to:

ftp://68.183.132.97:21

user name: sprintowner
password: triumph

File name is Fairing-Removal.avi

It is 50mb large.

Please let me know if you can successfully download the video. It requires DivX compession to watch it, divx is available free at: http://www.divx.com/en/downloads/postdownload/divx/win

If this works I will host the video of the R&G Slider Installtion!

--Kory

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good job Kory,

I was able to download it at an average rate of about 55 kb/sec.
Great tutorial for fairing removal.

For some odd reason tho it did not save.. only played so am downloading it again and hopefully it will be saved on my computer this time.

You might be able to still trim it down to the very bare essentials to get it to fit on youtube..

Most gratefully,

James.

·
Registered
161 Posts
strange...I managed to log in fine, but when I click the file and try to "save as" it says "login request denied" and wont let me download....hmmm

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't notice that I enabled write access and someone logged in and deleted the file lol. Glad that wasn't the original copy.

Write access is now disabled and a fresh copy is in the root folder.

--Kory

·
Registered
554 Posts
Getting the same error as JonnyThrice, login on ftp site works fine but right-clicking on the file and picking "save as" gives a error message pop-up saying login denied. :confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I figured it out. Open the FTP site in Windows Explorer instead of Internet explorer (just copy/paste the FTP address into windows explorer). The file shows up in a folder, and you can drag and drop it on your desktop or whatever, just like a normal file. Pretty slow download tho...been 20 mins and I'm only half way there. But its workin! :D

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Works great!

I used Firefox with DownloadHelper Ver 4.0.2 extension. Everything seems to work OK although I only checked out the first 30 seconds or so. Here's hoping that DownloadHelper only copied the file rather than moved it! :rolleyes:

Good job and thanks!

Walt

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured it out. Open the FTP site in Windows Explorer instead of Internet explorer (just copy/paste the FTP address into windows explorer). The file shows up in a folder, and you can drag and drop it on your desktop or whatever, just like a normal file. Pretty slow download tho...been 20 mins and I'm only half way there. But its workin! :D
+1 on using Windows Explorer

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yup, that works even if it is a bit slow. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Excellent video. Will save me hours of fustration and scratching of head. Thank you for taking the time to educate the uninitiated!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Kory,

Using firefox browser I was able to save it to hard drive on my 2nd download attempt.

Again many thanks... I had been wondering how the fairing came off.

Best wishes,
James

·
Registered
268 Posts
You lost me on the Windows Explorer vs Internet Explorer. What I have is Windows Internet Explorer and I cannot download this file. What am I missing here? Thanks-Ken B.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You lost me on the Windows Explorer vs Internet Explorer. What I have is Windows Internet Explorer and I cannot download this file. What am I missing here? Thanks-Ken B.
Right click on the file and drag it to your desktop. Select "copy here", wait a while, & enjoy.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Right after I posted, I figured it out and downloaded it. It took about 25 minutes but I got it all. It plays fine on Windows Media Player so I'm not sure why the Divx player was suggested. It plays on that too so that's fine. The audio in the beginning is scratchy but quickly clears up and is fine. Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions. --Ken B.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Kory.
Thanks for this one, lot of great tips.
If I'm not wrong you have more videos so is there any place where you have collected all your mechanic videos?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kory.
Thanks for this one, lot of great tips.
If I'm not wrong you have more videos so is there any place where you have collected all your mechanic videos?
Just 1 on youtube for the stebel horn.

This fairing vid is too big and too long for youtube so they wont let me upload it :(

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just 1 on youtube for the stebel horn.

This fairing vid is too big and too long for youtube so they wont let me upload it :(
Can't you split the video in parts and get it uploaded on youtube that way? Never done it myself but I think there's a 10min limit so it would only be two parts, don't know if there's a limit on size or if there is how big.

BTW this video does work in windows media player.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.