Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Panther, this might be another number we should put in the list......

Daytona Fuel Pump
DENSO said they wouldn't supply the OEM pump to me, and I would have to source it from a dealer ($400!!!)

I rang bosch, and they had no listing for a Daytona, but when I described it and provided specs, they found this one, which they actually buy in from DENSO, and sell as a BOSCH....it's the same frigging pump as the OEM!

The part no for the pump alone is 0580 453 477, or the kit with strainer (which you need anyway....) is F005 X11 474.

My local Repco had no problems finding it in their ordering system, and had it in by 2pm same day!

Incidently, I know it works, because the bike runs like a dream...
(First time I've heard the project run since I pulled the motor out for rebuild 12 months ago!!)
Copied from T595.net

[ This message was edited by: Stlakid on 2006-11-25 02:38 ]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Well, I just joined the 6 pot club by winning two sets of calipers off E Bay. One set from a 2005 Busa, we know they fit the Sprint and RS lines. I also one a set from a 2005 Kawasaki ZZR600 which are the exact same calipers with a silver finish. The bonus was the Kawasaki came with the master cylinder as well. It's a 5/8" Nissin and a PERFECT FIT on my RS! The brake light switch fit the Triumph wiring and the Stock and my New Pazzo lever I just bought for the Triumph fit perfect. So the Kawasaki ZZR600 master is a DIRECT replacement for the stock 14mm Triumph with no MODIFICATION necessary at all. :-D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Panthers_Den,
I'm new to TriumphRat and stumbled upon this topic. Great idea. I just ordered myself some GenMar risers (http://www.zianet.com/GenMar/) and not sure if they qualify for your list. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
kawasaki 9.48 valve shims can be used in the '02 955 motors that use 9.50 valve shims; Hotcams has a nice assortment of 60 (3 per size) for about $65 on ebaymotors.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Anyone know if there is an alternate source for the rear axle stake nut (that's the one on the chain side of the wheel)? The manual calls for a new one every 12K miles, and Triumph wants approx. $25 for it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Anyone know if there is an alternate source for the rear axle stake nut (that's the one on the chain side of the wheel)? The manual calls for a new one every 12K miles, and Triumph wants approx. $25 for it.

Thanks!
Try taking an old one to Pep Boys and comparing it to the ones they have in stock for front wheel drive axle shafts. They run about 6 bucks, the selection is good, and you can narrow down your search if you can figure out the thread pitch and metric size of your motorcycle.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Also, the metal fuel filter my Sprint uses is exactly the same as a Ducati metal fuel filter which costs 25 bucks instead of 42 bucks.

Same casing, same stamping, same lettering on the end, same black arrow, even - but 30% cheaper.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No more wiki page?

So it looks like they got rid of the old wiki pages and I'm not sure we can recover them. Did anyone here happen to make a copy of that list so that I can create a new page for us? :-( So far it looks like all that hard work went down the drain.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
So it looks like they got rid of the old wiki pages and I'm not sure we can recover them. Did anyone here happen to make a copy of that list so that I can create a new page for us? :-( So far it looks like all that hard work went down the drain.
I hope not. I've been waiting, thinking something was in the works and your info would come back. That was a valuable resource.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Good news, Shawn did save the wiki pages. He placed them in the "Blogs" section of the website. Here's the link to the new page: Sprint ST after market part numbers

You can also get to it by going to the Blogs section, then clicking on technical data and then scrolling down till you see the posting. :D

Once the page gets transferred back over to me, I'll see about adding the updates to it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
BTW, the link will change once it gets transfered over to me. when it does, I'll post the updated link on here.

EDIT:
Ok, I updated the link in the first post and the post above this one. It should now point to the new Parts Number page :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Also, the metal fuel filter my Sprint uses is exactly the same as a Ducati metal fuel filter which costs 25 bucks instead of 42 bucks.

Same casing, same stamping, same lettering on the end, same black arrow, even - but 30% cheaper.
Got a model number for the ducati fuel filter?

·
Registered
450 Posts
As Mobil 1 Racing oil (Triumph recommended) is not available in Canada, my dealer told me that Triumph recommends that I use Spectro Golden 4 20W50 synthetic motorcycle oil -- it meets API SL and JASO MA quality standards. I was also told that the Fram oil filter PH6017A is acceptable for use as well after the engine is fully broken in. The Triumph filter is recommended for use during the break in period.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
As Mobil 1 Racing oil (Triumph recommended) is not available in Canada, my dealer told me that Triumph recommends that I use Spectro Golden 4 20W50 synthetic motorcycle oil -- it meets API SL and JASO MA quality standards. I was also told that the Fram oil filter PH6017A is acceptable for use as well after the engine is fully broken in. The Triumph filter is recommended for use during the break in period.
For warranty purposes, any brand 10W/40 or 15W/50 oil meeting API SH (or higher) and JASO is acceptable. Triumph cannot require you to use a specific brand of oil.

The Fram filter may be acceptable, but there are better ones on the market. The Pupolator PL14612 has been highly rated in several tests. Purolator also has a filter that is one inch (approx) longer but I do not have that PN. A search in this forum should be able to find it. The extra inch of projection provides more filtering surface and a bit more oil cooling.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
<...>
The Pupolator PL14612 has been highly rated in several tests. Purolator also has a filter that is one inch (approx) longer but I do not have that PN.
<...>
The slightly longer Purolator filter is part number PL14610. They actually had both in stock at my local Pep Boys.

Cheers,
-Kit

21 - 40 of 85 Posts