Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wondering if there is a known way to adjust the speedometer on a 2008 ST with a 18T front sprocket. My understanding is that the older models had physical teeth/magnet setup on the front wheel. Wondering if there is a way to adjust the sender (output shaft of gearbox?) to read accurately , probably using TuneECU. If not has anyone ever tried a GPS sender like this? GPS Sender

Would it throw any codes, or is there a simpler way to do it?
Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I added the 18t front I revised the speedo setting -5 on the map i was using and re downloaded with tuneecu. Seems pretty accurate comparing with my smart watch speedo app.

·
Super Moderator
21,832 Posts
My understanding is that the older models had physical teeth/magnet setup on the front wheel.
Incidentally (not pertinent in your case, but since you mentioned it, just some added info for other readers) on the 955's it is NOT possible to use TuneECU to tweak those readings - nor do you have to since the speedo indeed drives off the front wheel, so gearing is moot. But if a calibration IS required (I say not required but OEM is already wildly optimistic in the displayed speed - stock, my Daytona is 9% off), the ONLY way to re calibrate those models is with a third party speed-healer type device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts