Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have an 00 sprint rs and I was wondering if there were any simple ways to extend the mirrors or a place that I could buy mirror extensions, so I can see around myself. The bike has the solid plastic mirrors, with the ball joint at the bottom. I really dont want to go with bar end mirrors.
Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
WElcome mat out

Hi and welcome to the forum Dan:)

VFR mirrors will fit with minor alteration to the fairing mounting holes.

If you do a search here you will find quite a lot of threads about it.
I know there are for the ST and I think there are for the RS if not PM steventhechef he might know he has one too.

Re being a noob, we ask all our new members to please read our forum stickies:)

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Hi DanBurz and welcome to the forum.

A couple have machined blocks to extend them but they look a bit chunky IMO. The VFR mirrors fit with a little adjustment but again IMO don't quite suit the bike.

Bar ends are just an excuse for mirrors and not really an option if you want to actually see what is behind you.

I just pull my elbows in and live with it myself! The mirrors on the RS aren't nearly as bad as some bikes I've owned. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Do I look chunky with these spacers? :p

12-06-07 load 016.jpg

This is a Honda VFR on my 06 ST. As far as the mirrors go, the Suzuki and Honda are quite similar with the difference being the bases.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
I forgot about your Suzi mirrors Pelon :eek:. They do look neat.

As you say though it is good if you carry luggage which I never do.

OnD your chunky bits look fine on that fairing but the RS is a smaller , narrower fairing and even the ST mirrors would look big on an RS IMO.

I particularly don't like the booties on the ST as they seem to dislodge like the old 900SS Ducs and that would just plain annoy me.

Each to their own. :)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Booties!? Surely you are not trying to be politically correct, because I fear it is too late for you. :p

They are affectionately referred to as condoms. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts