Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've (almost) acquired my (new to me) '02 Sprint RS - The only thing left to replace is the left rear passenger footpeg. I found one on ebay from a 1999 Sprint ST - is the '99 peg the same? As far as I can tell it is, but I was hoping some of you more experienced Sprinters might know better than I.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Footpeg differences

Not sure when they changed, but my 04 ST came with long and thin pillion pegs from new. When I had an off, they replaced the damaged one, but I later noticed that it wasn't the same shape.

So take your pick...

my original '04:
long and thin with 7 rows of thin rectangles as the gripping surface, with a pimple on the underside of the tip

or

other one:
Shorter and wider with 6 rows of chocolate chunks as the gripping surface and a large eliptical blob finishing off the end

Incidentally I have a spare in both styles for the left side. The shorter dumpier one I found at the side of the road on what I think was the remains of a Daytona peg, I've repaired the back surface of the pivot block where it had been ground down, but you almost couldn't tell.

If the left (not Exhaust) side is the one you need and you fail on the ebay bidding, and you are in the UK, give me a PM and we can sort something

Rexx

·
Registered
41 Posts
99 footpegs are different. 2000-2004 should all be the same. I was looking for ST pegs for my RS as they are alittle longer and I was installing the hard saddlebags. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts