Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2000 Sprint RS 955i that I bought new. It's been sitting in the back of my garage for the last 5 years, and I've just finished recommissioning it to get it back on the road.
I've cleaned out all the fuel system with new filters etc. The fuel was very clean even after all that time, the only thing I didn't do was clean out the injectors (which seems the obvious place to start).

It started easily and idles fine, but the first time I rode it more that 2 km, it will not rev out at all, it dies when I twist the throttle It still idles perfectly. It feels like fuel starvation, maybe it has nothing to do with the fuel injection at all.

I've attached the TuneEcu software to the bike, and everything connected correctly and I got the following error codes.

P0113 Inlet air temp open circuit
P0122 Throttle position sensor low voltage
P0230 Fuel pump relay default
P0462 Fuel level sensor output
P0463 Fuel level sensor circuit high input
P1231 Fuel pump relay open circuit or short to ground

I'm not sure where to start with any of these.
Does anyone have some experience with this that can shed some light on the problem?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
751 Posts
Have you tried clearing the codes and see which ones reoccur, I would guess a lot of those are just from having things disconnected.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm not sure how to clear the codes - how do I do that?
I use the Android version but I got this from the tune ECU website.
Clear fault codes
<Menu> ECU Erase Error Codes
In "Diagnostics" or "Tests" mode, this will erase stored error codes and messages in the ECU. If the faults that caused these error codes were not rectified (eg. faulty sensor) then the error codes will again be re-generated and stored in the ECU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured out the problem, the throttle position sensor had detached itself and wouldn't allow any revving out at all. Once I reconnected it and reset all the error codes, its running fine. Although the idle seems a bit high at 1430 rpm. How do I adjust the idle?
Sprint RS TuneEcu fix

·
Super Moderator
21,233 Posts
You cannot adjust the idle speed - it is a closed loop control from the ECU
First - is it fully warmed up? When bike is cold the ECU purposely sets a higher idle speed
Second - is your TPS calibrated? (zero'd)
Third - if all s good, you may have leak in the vacuum system - either the IACV hoses (very common if they have not been replaced in 20 years!!); another source is the gasket between TB's and head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts