Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody,
I've only had my RS for a month or so and already love it. The only niggling problem is the lack of centre stand. Does anyone know if the ST stand fits the doublesided swingingarm RS? I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere. Couldn't find the answer in this forum but have just spent an enjoyable couple of hours following many informative/daft threads. It's a pleasure to find a family friendly 'bike' site.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i do know from past posts that the sprint does indeed fit the RS,but i seem to recall there was some issue with the bolts not being compitable.search past posts,the info is out there to be had in never never land.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JohnO,i'll have another trawl through the threads. Incompatible bolts shouldn't be a problem as I'm a machinist by trade.

·
Premium Member
24,235 Posts
Welcome

Hello everybody,
I've only had my RS for a month or so and have already fallen in love with it. The only niggling problem is the lack of centre stand. Does anyone know if the ST stand fits the doublesided swingingarm RS? I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere. Couldn't find the answer in this forum but have just spent an enjoyable couple of hours following many informative/daft threads. It's a pleasure to find a family friendly 'bike' site.
Hi and welcome Mr Rusty to the Sprint forum here at TriumphRat.net:)

Steventhechef one of our Aussie members and a friend of mine has an RS and overcame this issue by making his own paddock stand for maintenance etc.

Our search engine does have it's limitations, the best way like most is to use the advance search function and keep refining until you get what you are after.

I am quite sure what you are asking has been done but Stevo will know for sure.

Thank you for the complement about the website and this forum. A lot of effort is put in to make it family friendly, this upsets some people but there are plenty of other websites that cater for different tastes.

On a final note to my blurb here, Don and I always ask our noobs to please take some time to read our forum stickies, how ever you may have already don so.

Enjoy the forum...............:)

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mr Rusty.

The RS did not come with the centrestand as standard fare but the ST centrestand does fit with no major issues. The return spring is a pain to fit (so I have heard) but there is one hex head bolt already in place the other is a BSF thread (from what I remember).

As Dave said I made my own from some 12mm square box metal in about an hour and just use it for chain maintenance etc.
The comments have the measurements. http://www.triumphrat.net/memberalbums/search.php?searchid=2013

They are rare secondhand and come up on Fleabay infrequently.

Tell us where you are as there may be a local forum forum member on your side of the pond that may be able to assist.

They are a great bike. :D What year is your RS?

·
Registered
528 Posts
St center stand fits just fine, I have one on my Rs, got it on e-bay , the c-stand used to be listed as an accessory for the Rs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, I have been through the stickies. Couldn't find previous threads on centre stand due to the vagaries of the English language. Just about everyone else spells it differently to us Brits. For the record I have a stock '03 bike. My mileage has been fairly limited so far due to the daily frosts here at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts