Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One time in year, we have an international meeting for all members from our community (who wants to come :rolleyes:).

They come from Germany, Belgium, Austria, Netherland and Switzerland.

At this year, we met us in Thüringen/Germany. It's in the middle of the the north and south border from Germany. It came over 80 members with 57 Sprints!!! What a great look!

We drove 3 days in the Thüringer Forest in groups to 10 motorcycles with tourguides (also members). It was very nice. But the best of this meeting was on saturday, when all Sprints meet to one viewing point for photo session and after this the return to the hotel was one corso! It was a grandious feeling!

Please look at the attachments and I think, you understand me :).

greets Jürgen

Attachments

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
WOW! Nice pics, that is very cool! All those Sprints out together at once must be a blast! Nice looking countryside too.:cool:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Jurgen,

That's quite the rally you have going and a boatload of Sprints. It looks to me like all of you from your own European countries "speak English."

·
Registered
106 Posts
First pic, front row 4th bike in is the best on the lot, but it's nice to see all those other Sprints there too.

I don't think a Sprint gathering would have nearly that kind of draw here in the US. At Biketoberfest in Daytona I think I was the only Triumph around. I did have a guy on a Harley tell me that he had a Bonneville t100 and looked a little surprised when I told him they built cruiser style bikes too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did anyone have trouble finding their bike at the end of the day?
No! There was no problem, because any Sprint is unique.

I had also tears in my eyes, when the long, long column at me drove past (I was one of the orga team, who organized many weeks before the event). It was a great moment!

I'm glad, that the next big meeting is on 4 to 7 June 2009 again in Gehren/Thüringen.

Is somebody from you at this time in Germany? You are welcome!

greets
Jürgen

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've never seen that many Sprints in one place! Thanks so much for sharing your excellent pictures, makes me want to get out and ride in the mountains, but for the fact we're well into the winter season here.

·
Registered
472 Posts
No! There was no problem, because any Sprint is unique.

I had also tears in my eyes, when the long, long column at me drove past (I was one of the orga team, who organized many weeks before the event). It was a great moment!

I'm glad, that the next big meeting is on 4 to 7 June 2009 again in Gehren/Thüringen.

Is somebody from you at this time in Germany? You are welcome!

greets
Jürgen
Jürgen.
Please can you give more detail on locations / arrangements.
I would really like to come along next year, finances permitting:D
Thanks, mark.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Mark,

the meeting is on 4 to 7 June 2009 in the middle of Germany in Gehren/Thüringen (click me). We have rent for this meeting a whole hotel and 3 B&B. So we can over 90 persons give a overnight accomodations. The price (ex. for 3 nights p.P.: 140.- EUR) is include breakfast and evening buffet meal.

The 4th June (thursday) is for the most the day of arrival. The 7th June (sunday) the date of depature. But if want to stay longer, there's also no problem.

On thursday afternoon we offer a little introduction round. It's the day where we see all the participants from the last year and new participants. It's the evening with many smalltalk.

For friday and saturday we offer diverse tours with 9 tourguides (that's all members with Sprint :rolleyes:). You can choose between unharried, unharried to uninterrupted or uninterrupted. By all the tours is highest target: no accident! It mean: we don't drive for highscore :)

At the evenings we have some highlights, but this are secret at time. Last year there was at friday archery (with english hunt bow) and at saturday a stuntshow with AVT's (quad) and a tombola. The prices for the tombola was sponsored from a lot of motorcycle companies (Triumph dealer and accessories dealers) . The clear profit from this we spend to a day nursery in Gehren.

You can see some information at this website (in German): http://sprinter-treffen.sprinter-forum.net/

If everyone have asks - let me know! We are glad for every new participant!

if you plan to come, leave it me please as soon as possible to know because of the room reservations. Naturally you can withdraw until approx. 2 weeks before also from your reservation.

greets
Jürgen

PS: from 27 June to 4 July we comes with 20 Sprints to England, because we will make a factory sightseeing in Hinckley :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
That looks like a really good few days.

I wonder if any of the Brits wouyld want to ride out there next June?:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts