Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders,

I'm a bit (completely) confused by wording in the manual.

I have recently purchased a Triumph Sprint GT and want to adjust the suspension according to my weight (100kg). I ride alone, without panniers.

Anyway - the manual states: "The setting is measured as the number of adjuster turns out from the fully screwed in position" Can't figure out what they mean. It's a knob you can turn it clockwise or counter clockwise (high/low pre-load). Not sure which position is "fully screwed in" I assume fully turned clockwise.

So in my case it should be around 30-25 clicks from the "fully screwed in" position. Now i need to figure out which position it is :]]

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I'm not familiar with the GT, but most times, I figure out the setting by cranking the adjuster 'anti-clockwise' to the lower stop, then count the number of turns 'clockwise' to the upper stop.

At your weight, I'd suggest backing it off of 'full hard' about a quarter of the range. Triumphs tend to be undersprung.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wouldn’t bother trying to count turns or clicks, just get someone to help you set the sag.
That’s a much more accurate way of setting up the bike both for rear and front.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello fellow riders,

I'm a bit (completely) confused by wording in the manual.

I have recently purchased a Triumph Sprint GT and want to adjust the suspension according to my weight (100kg). I ride alone, without panniers.

Anyway - the manual states: "The setting is measured as the number of adjuster turns out from the fully screwed in position" Can't figure out what they mean. It's a knob you can turn it clockwise or counter clockwise (high/low pre-load). Not sure which position is "fully screwed in" I assume fully turned clockwise.

So in my case it should be around 30-25 clicks from the "fully screwed in" position. Now i need to figure out which position it is :]]
Hi, I'm a bit lighter than you (@ 85 kg) but I do have the panniers on so I reckon the load is about the same. After setting the sag then doing on road adjustments the best setting for the rear is 20 clicks (turn the adjuster clockwise until it stops, that is zero, then come back twenty clicks, one click is half a turn) then turn the damper screw clockwise until it stops then unscrew one full turn. The front is fine on standard which is on the third ring from the top. Hope this works for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts