Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day! I am in the market for a stock muffler for my Sprint GT. Bike came with a too loud aftermarket pipe for my "delicate" ears. Any idea how much a used one is worth? I have a line on one but don't want to embarrass myself by paying too little/much for it.
Its in like new condition btw. Anyone? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
This isn't a direct comparison, but I bought a used TOR exhaust for my Sprint ST 1050 and got everything (header and exhaust) for $100 shipped from eBay. The ST's have longer exhausts and imho are more complex than the GT's. The stock exhaust may be absurdly expensive to buy a new OEM unit, but that doesn't mean that they're worth anywhere near that much on the used market.

I did the same thing as you btw. Mine came with an aftermarket exhaust that positively abused my ears. I rode it home, shut it off and drifted into my driveway so my neighbours didn't get concerned, and didn't ride it again until I got the stock exhaust on it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses! Yes, my HD buddy loves the sound of my bike but me...not so much. Thanks for the link to the stock exhaust..I'll check it out. Unfortunately th Sprint ST exhaust wont fit on the GT but thanks for the offer!

Ride safe everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts